Saturday, February 9, 2013

Socks, Wurms & Weekend Knitting

More projects, hot of the needles!!  January is over, so I've been allowing myself to knit from stashed skeins, rather than using up partials.  The yarn for the green socks was actually the first one I found on Etsy.  It is Luna Grey Fiber Arts Stella in Grass.  A Corridale wool which I have never knit before, but was really great.  Soft, but very sturdy.  I am so happy with how these came out. 

Also, I caved to desire and knit a Wurm.  A new swift that I ordered arrived and, of course, I had to wind a skein right away.  The Madelinetosh for the hat begged to be the first.  I love the double knit brim.  I think all my hats from now on need a double knit brim!


I started this cowl last night.  It is the Lisatra cowl from Sock Yarn Studio & I'm knitting it with Anzula Squishy.   It is a great pattern, very addicting to go round & round & round with dreamy yarn.   Later this month, My LYS is having an Anzula Trunk show, but rumor has it that there is enough to fill the shop!!  Be still beating heart!! lol

Hopefully this sleeping project will see some action this weekend too.  I've had it on the needles for a while & love the way it looks.   Hopefully.  It is only Saturday...





1 comment:

  1. Your Wurm came out great! I too knitted most of the Wurm hat...but then I frogged it because I needed the needles for another project and it sat in a knitting basket for so long I decided I'd never finish it and reused the yarn for something else. Now, seeing how great yours came out makes me want to try it again. I liked the double brim too. It was a perfect weekend for knitting here in the Northeast with our 2 feet of snow. Not much else to do!

    ReplyDelete