Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Best Shop Ever & Seam Allowance

A few weeks ago, Greg and I took a day trip up to Berkeley.  We had plans to meet up with friends for dinner and the Wilco show later in the day, but we decided to head up early and hit a few other spots. My destination of choice? A Verb for Keeping Warm. I had no idea about this shop until recently and had to check it out.   Man, that place is glorious! Yarn, fiber, and fabric.  Holy crap!  That's a dreamland!!

I got some yarn to knit a birthday bandana,
And some fiber for spinning,


And then when the VW didn't start, I went next door, had a Molly Ringwald cupcake, bought more yarn, and waited for the tow truck.  Well, when the driver arrived, Eureka!  The car starts.  I guess I was supposed to linger at the shop a littler longer.  Boo whoo!

The next day, inspired by the shop and show, I lurked around on the Verb website and stumbled across their Seam Allowance group.  A club that members pledge to make (at least) 25% of their wardrobe.  Spin, weave, sew, or knit!  Cool, right?  Then it hit me, I should join!  DUH.  I'm not in the bay area, so i'll be a member at heart, but it made perfect sense to me.  I LOVE making things.  I HATE shopping for clothes. 

So, along with starting the Imogen tee, I gathered a few patterns and fabric and decided to make some clothes.  I'll show you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment