Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Holiday Tags

Helllllooo! Today is my inaugural blog post day.  Cheer!!  My name is Marisa and I like to make stuff.  Lots of stuff.  Mostly this with yarn, buttons, and fabric, sometimes beads & paper.  I have a neglected  Etsy Shop where sometimes (not recently) I have knitted, crocheted & beaded things for sale.  I really, really would like to make patterns though.  I find my time would be better suited on the details of a sweater or purse rather than cranking them out like a one woman factory (I have a great deal of admiration for those successful knitters & fiber artists making it work) I just don't have the energy.  Anyhow, I would like to document my inspiration here, and really, become part of a like minded community of crafters!!!

So, enough of the specs., here is what I decided to make my very first post about!

Tag making!!!  I've been a busy bee cutting, sewing, hole punching & stringing these puppies.  These will actually be price tags for my fluff at this years handborn!! It is always an exciting event to kick off one of my favorite times of year, Christmas!!! Anyway, I try to re-purpose as much and as often as I can, so these are squares I cut from an old map.  Any paper will do really, however, I found the 2" squares already printed on the map made my life easier. So ancient map of Hollister, CA, your journey will continue.

These are not difficult to construct, but boy are they time consuming.  As a knitter, I am used to repetition, but man, what a way to burn an afternoon; cut square, sew lots of squares together, cut corner with scrapbooking picture corner cutter, hole punch, cut cord, tie cord, repeat! Haha.  So, with chores other that tag making left unfinished, I must cut out.  Thanks for stopping by.  Be back soon!!

xx Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment